Friday, June 25, 2010

Thus ends the week . . .

Holy Cow!  What a week!  We got through it fairly unscathed, although a bit lacking in the sleep department.
Getting up at 4am to drive 2 1/2 hours was a little taxing.  But, it was well worth it.  Judah shot a 51, not his best, but good enough to place second.  The entire golf course was so wet, I almost got my sandal stuck in the fairway.  I thought for sure I was going under.  Thoughts of Carver in 'Lorna Doone' ran through my head.    Aaah!  We squished with every step, and the bunkers were completely filled with water.  It was wild.  But the weather was wonderful, if you can believe that.  Warm, sunny and barely a breeze.    Perfect.

And I really thought we'd finally have a truly restful Sabbath, but apparently not.  Due to the rain, (I know!  I wonder if there is any moisture left in the atmosphere throughout the world at all) some events got postponed to the weekend.  So, Noah will be doing some lifeguard training tomorrow morning, India will be working registration for the state Hershey Track meet, and then, Gary and Judah will be playing in an adult/child golf tourney on Sunday and Noah works in the afternoon - provided it doesn't rain of course.   So much for a peaceful weekend!  Hey - a girl can dream, can't she?

Just to let you know, we've officially become a cat factory.  We started out with one, but one is never enough, so we got two.  Over the years they've multiplied, ran away, and died and so now we have 9.  Yeah, I know.   :o None of them come into the house, thank God, even though they are all so tame and pathetically spoiled rotten, they might as well.  The one mom we have left has to get fixed here quick or we'll grow broke trying to feed her expanding clan.  She didn't teach her kids to find their own supper very well.   And she didn't do such a great job potty training them either, so not only is half of our yard floating, the kitties use the back half for their litter box.  Swell.

Summer has officially begun.  It's 88 degrees with 99% humidity.  Skies are clear, but the air thicker than a Scooby Doo episode where they carve the fog with a knife.  We live where the temperature is exactly the same in the sun as it is in the shade.  Want a sauna?  Don't have a steam room?  Just step outside.  

Anybody here that new song,  'Healing Begins' by Tenth Avenue North?  Really great song.  Check it out on grooveshark.com.   I don't really know what grooveshark is, but my kids assure me this is 'the' place for all your fine music needs.  Take their word for it, not mine.  :)

This is from the 'Ezzy Invents' segment:  What can you do with a used cd, the top of a water bottle, a balloon and some super glue?  Make a hover craft.   How about an old pen case,  a rubber band and some duct tape?  A wicked  weapon thing.  (Think Amazon blow dart.  Without the poison.  I hope.)  Or how about a used lip gloss tube, a spring, and a popcorn kernel?  A nifty pea shooter.  Did you know you can take a paper towel tube and put a toliet paper tube over it - fling it with some wild wrist action and it can fly across the room, causing a welt and a colorful bruise?  Me either.   I know.  Sometimes I'm scared to walk around the corner.  Thanks to Ezra and Judah, our house is an armory. Talk about your weapons of mass destruction.   Terrorists - enter at your own risk.  :)

Hey, I hope you all have a blessed weekend.  Me, I'm just going to put on my bullet proof vest and pray!
Stay cool and dry everyone!
jill and all

 

2 comments:

  1. Can you get me a bullet proof vest too? Haha your posts are great as always. Love you!
    ~your girlie girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'll just have Ezzy make us a couple. :)

    ReplyDelete