Thursday, August 26, 2010

Totally toxic but oh so good . . .

Okay, so we found a really cool bike for India and an even cooler bike for Ezra.  They are stoked.  Now we just need to get Noah a bike and try to find a nice recumbent for me.  That is proving harder than we thought.  Not too popular - those weird-looking things.  But the seat is soo comfortable and the nice back rest is so nice, and it is just so much better than a 'normal' bike.  And besides - how could I do 'normal' anyway??!

Ate at the Blue Plate cafe.  Total greasy spoon, but the dishes were all vegan and so so tasty!  Then we went to Hatch Family Chocolates.  I know, but hey, we ARE on vacation and that alone gives you license to do and eat things you wouldn't normally - right?!  So we all got frozen bananas dipped in dark chocolate.  Gary and I added nuts.  Oh.  My.   Goodness. Judah hates chocolate, so Noah ate all of it off and left Judah with the banana. I could not finish mine.  We are so so so not used to chocolate and sugar that it was about 5 times what our bodies could handle.  We'll all be up till 3 am no doubt, and then we'll crash and will want to sleep all day tomorrow.   I'm glad we don't vacation too often!

I should have just had a few fresh figs instead of the chocolate banana.  They have magnificent fresh figs from California that are in season now and they are decedent.  Pure and simple.  Forget the chocolate covered strawberries and Double Chocolate truffle cake - Fresh figs are almost to die for.  If you haven't had one, you must.  They are incredible.  Truly.  I am not kidding.  :)

Okay, this was the food post.  Now I'm off to bed to try to read myself to sleep - till the sugar/caffine high runs out that is.

Later -

jill and all

No comments:

Post a Comment