Saturday, September 25, 2010

When a heart bleeds . . .

Must be a melancholy sort of day.  Although, the sun is shinning, it's the Sabbath and all should be right with the world.  But when a loved one hurts, we hurt.  Someone once asked me why people are so mean.  I can't answer that.  (Especially when I have been one of those people.)   I do know first hand the hurt 'mere' words can cause. But, as the Sarah Palin adage goes, don't mess with my cubs or the momma grizzly in me will rear its ugly head.  Or something like that.  But at any rate, it's true.  When our babes cry, we mommies get a wee bit riled.  And while a part of me moans in sadness, the other part of me wants to go rip someone's - well - wants to get angry. Since that is so not turning the other cheek, not to mention it might land me in jail or worse, I cry.  And pray.  And hope that my loved ones are strong enough to make it through and that God will give them strength.  But, man it's hard.  It's like, go ahead, take me down, but do not mess with my kin.

So, aside from that, we are rejoicing in yet another sunny day!  The road was still a bit muddy when I ran yesterday, but it's drying up.  That's good, cause getting stuck or sliding in the ditch is not my idea of a good time.

Ever seen one of those weighted bar bells?  They are great.  I really like dumb bells, but this is different.  It's not too heavy that you can't do multiply reps with it and not too light that you feel like you're lifting a toothpick.   There's this guy named Storm, who has a work out with a stick, or pole like thing, almost like an Asian fighting weapon thing that you could use this bar bell for.  I love it.  And it's easy to take in the RV.  Less room than a box full of dumb bells.  Check it out.

So - be happy.  It's 90 degrees in Chico, CA.  But- it's 41 degrees here.  Not fair at all.  Guess where I hope to be come December 26 or maybe sooner . . .

Later.

jill and all

1 comment: