Sunday, May 8, 2011

What a difference a day makes . . .

Ah, the sun, the warmth, the slight breeze.  Beautiful day to sit outside and watch children frolic to and fro.  Around they go, fast and sleek, sweat dripping, fists pumping, pushing through the pain.
This could be quite poetic, couldn't it?  I know that some think the sport of track and field is a dark evil placed upon the land by vicious coaches and parents plotting to torture little kids for fun.  I just don't see it that way.  I love to run and I love to watch others run.  And when it's nice and sunny and you can sit and visit and cheer on the competitors AND get a tan - all at the same time - well - what's a better day than that??!
For the record - Noah improved his time in the 800 and ran the mile for the first time.  Not bad.  He's going to concentrate on the two mile from now on he tells me.  Good choice.  That way - he'll be more geared up for cross country in the fall.  And on it goes . . .

And now today - of course it's raining and windy and darkly overcast.   :(  People say variety is good.  They say that if the weather was good all the time, we'd get sick of it.  I say - just let me try that out and see.   Really.  I say, if I lived where the weather was good all the time and for some really psychotic and completely deranged reason I WANTED snow and ice and cold and blizzards and rain - I would just drive to find it.  You know what I'm saying??      Year round nice weather - yeah, that's something I wouldn't mind getting sick of.

My garden has been taken over by two small future business tycoons ages 11 and 13.  So far - they've planted:  1000 - yes ONE THOUSAND onions and about 180 potatoes. The amount of carrots they are going to plant is staggering.  Are you ready for this?   4000!   I know!   They hope to get peas in today  - I have no idea how many and frankly, I'm scared to ask - and maybe the lettuce and who knows what else.   Yes, they have major plans I'm telling you.  They have it all plotted out, graphing the square footage as to how many plants per square something, how wide the walk ways are, what the yield will be, (really?) and all the best crops to grow that will sell the best to make the most money.  We just sit and watch - shaking our heads in wonder.   If they ever got into real estate - someone better warn Donald Trump!    The neat thing is, they are paying for it all with their own money.  The sad thing is, that means we can not even sample one pea unless we pay for it!   (Drat those mean capitalists anyway)  Oh well,  they were very kind to let me have a small plot of land for myself - I think it's about the size of a postage stamp.   Just the right size for 1 pea.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment