Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And then there were frogs . . .

Is this Egypt?  I have begun to think so.  As I stepped out onto the brick patio and had to dodge at least 8 little critters that were jumping from the grass to the flower bed  before hitting the driveway to begin my daily run.  By the time I hit the mail box, 4 other toady friends leapt out of my path and there were 5 more before I reached the corner.  And that's where I lost count.  Between the fields of corn and as each telephone pole rolled by, I was hopping and leaping as much as they were just so I wouldn't step on them.  It was the game Frogger in real life.  With me being the logs.  2 weeks ago they were tiny and cute.  Now - not so much.  They morphed into, well, bigger, fatter frogs and plopped aside rather than hopped.  Ick.
I fell like I'm running an obstacle course, much like the one Noah is going to run this weekend.  He'll run three miles cross country, up and down hills,  over hay bales, and through water.  Sounds like fun, doesn't it?!  I hope and pray he does really well and is happy with his race.
And I hope he doesn't meet up with any frogs along the way.

 I can see it now - The Dodging Leap Frogs Marathon.  The new craze in sport.

Now if the water turns to blood, I'll really start to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment