Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Politics as usual . . .

Well, well.  My daughter, the one who hasn't really been too politically minded or politically vocal, has now gotten a job as an intern for Senator John Thune!  She's so excited about it too.  How fun.  I think she'll learn a lot and will certainly get a ton of really good experience that she wouldn't get any where else.  And hey, there's talk he'll run for President - wouldn't that be something!  Funny what life throws at you.  This was certainly not even in the realm of possibilities she thought she'd be doing.  Ever.  Great fork in the road, I say.  Well, maybe not a fork, just a frontage road - along side the main highway of life.  (Hey, there have been worse analogies.)

No travel for us this holiday - we got about an inch of freezing rain on the roads, and driving is ugly.  I watched one guy miss the turn because he just slid right passed it and nearly went in the ditch.  That and the fact that it's supposed to snow another 3 inches tonight and the winds are to pick up to 20 -30 mph - which could make things downright dangerous - we are staying put.  No football on the farm with the cousins this year.  Rats.  We'll just make our own vegan meal, stuff ourselves, and sit around playing Catan and watching bits and pieces of the NFL online.  At least, that's our plan.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring.  Kind of feel a little guilty about that, actually.  We're so blessed and we have so much to be thankful for - and if I started to list everything, I'd be here all day.  I do hope we all can find some things to be thankful for - even in the midst of pain and sorrows and loss and struggles.  We all have them, some more than others, I know.  I just hope we are all given the strength to get through them.  And that's why it's good to remember the blessings and thank God for them.  Every day.  It just helps to keep on keeping on.  

Well - Have a Happy Thanksgiving and be safe everyone!

And save some mashed potatoes and gravy for me - that's my favorite part!
Oh - and the Soy Nog. (it's good - really)  And the Tofurky. (looks and tastes nothing like turkey, but we make it just for the fun of it)  And the stuffing.
Okay - I have a couple favorites . . .   :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment