Monday, November 1, 2010

Ah, the sun - finally . . .

Well, the 5 day storm finally passed and left us with quite a lovely weekend.  And what did we do to take advantage of it?  Nothing.  Nothing at all.  We sat around, talked, watched a few episodes of psych on the laptop, ate, read scripture, the guys played football and made a fort out of willow branches, all the children played tag/hide-and-go-seek/some spy-running-in-the-dark game, Gary and I took a couple leisurely strolls down the gravel road, ate some more and napped.  I think we fulfilled the 'day of rest' commandment - and then some!

By this time of the year, we are usually swarmed with lady bugs, box elder bugs, spiders and attic flies.  So far, all we've really gotten are the spiders.  Gary and I will go for a walk and we come back covered in webs.  It's like going through a haunted house.  Creepy.  But interestingly enough, those other critters are quite few and far between.  Which is nice.  So very nice.  I'm not a fan of critters.  At all.  Of any kind. Well, I'd take ants on a log every now and then, but that's as far as I go!  ;)

And here it is - November!  And it's nice out!  What happened?  The weather is so mixed up around here, we can't get our minds to figure out what's what.  It's 57 degrees as I sit here, looking out at the calm, gorgeous, sunny day.  Nary a speck of wind, millions of black birds covering the skies, the bluebirds are stopping by here and there and it's just splendid.  I mean, the trees are devoid of leaves, but the grass is still very green, not brown and hard and crunchy as it's supposed to be.  So, my mind says it must be September or possibly the very beginning of October - but not November.  Crazy.  We'll take it - certainly - but it is crazy none-the-less.  And as far as I'm concerned - it can stay like this til - March.   :)

Here's wishing you a magnificent Indian Summer.  Have a great week!

Oh, and PS - for those of you who read my last post - I found the check for the taxes.  In the flower bed.  In front of the house.  Soaking wet.  Go figure.  And the boys fixed the mailbox, and the scratch in the pickup wasn't all THAT bad.  So - all is right with the world once again.  (For now . . .)

2 comments:

  1. Our weather has been crazy here as well. I expected to freeze to death watching Rocklin play football all season and it's been pretty warm.
    A weekend of nothing sounds great! Aside from voting tomorrow and a quick trip to the dentist on Wednesday we have absolutely nothing planned until Saturday. It's the first week since August that we've had a virtually open schedule. I celebrated by doing a lot of nothing today...math, grammar and then movies and reading the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly,
    Yeah, it was nice, but now we hit the ground running. Til - oh - about March!!! Hope you are all well! How are the kids? I keep thinking about you all and praying.

    ReplyDelete