Thursday, December 23, 2010

New teeth . . .

We just came off a month of mouth fun.  First, everyone went to the dentist and got our teeth cleaned.  That was fine, but when India went - during the cleaning, the girl actually moved one of her teeth!  I'm still not quite sure how that happened, but after 2 years of braces, she was having none of that!  So back she went to the orthodontist to get that fixed.  Then I finally went in to get my teeth fixed from when I had braces years ago. And just yesterday, Noah got braces put on (complete with bright, green bands).  He's got the longest haul - 16 months of bother.  I have 5 months and India has 5 weeks.  My goodness the $$$!!  I think we just paid for Doctor Van Laecken's next vacation - or two - or three.
And so - I have come to a realization.  If anyone wants a career that helps people really feel better about themselves, that makes you a nice living, and one where you can retire early - go into orthodontics.  The guy who put India's braces on just few years back is already retired - and he's in his mid-fifties.  Not a bad gig if you can get it.  Maybe you could be an ortho doc in some third world country and spread the gospel while fixing people's teeth. Or, right here in the states - maybe on the Indian reservations or poor inner city areas - you know - just go there for a few days a month or something.   mmm - just a thought.

Well, smile everyone and show those pearly whites!  We have much to smile about.  :)

'I waited patiently for YHWH and he inclined unto me and heard my cry.  He brought me also out of the horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon the rock and ordered my goings.  And he hath put in my mouth a new song of praise unto our God:  many shall see it and fear, and shall trust in YHWH.'  Psalm 40:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment