Monday, November 21, 2011

The snow that wasn't . . .

Funny thing - weather forecasting.  My dear sister used to rant and rave over the very un-usefulness of weathermen (and women). More often than not, they are wrong - she insisted - so why do we even listen to them?  Well, this past weekend - wrong does not begin to describe it.  We were to get about 8 inches of snow with nasty, dangerous conditions on Saturday and get this - they said it was a 100% chance of that happening.  100%!  So, the men in my house cut and split a porch full of wood, weatherized stuff, packed blizzard survival gear in my car, stocked the shelves with tons of food - and what happened?

Nothing.  Not a flake in sight.

I really think when we are so absolutely 100% sure that something is going to happen - God quietly steps in and gives the Job speech.  'Oh really???  Last time I looked - you did not create the universe - nor the weather - so don't go all Titanic on me (even God can't sink this ship - really???)  - cause just as soon as you think you know - I let you know that you don't.'
Well, God - I'm thankful you are you and we are not.
And thanks for no snow, cause I for one, am sooo not ready for winter. And thanks for the sunshine. And that there is no wind.  And that it's going to get into the 40's this week!  40's!!!  In November.  In South Dakota!  Whoot!!!

And as long as I'm thanking - in the spirit of the holiday - may I add:

Thanks for you - Father - and Yahshua for mercy and salvation and your Word - and my family, and that I was born and live in this country, for its freedom - and for the awesome, spectacular, breathtaking beauty of your creation and really good food and hot running water and good health and bodies that heal and inspirational, fun friends and a daughter who dances and bakes and sews and smiles with a beautiful smile and lights up the room and boys who are hilarious and smart and inventive and a joy to watch compete and work and just - be - and a husband who provides for my over-abundance of running apparel and our wacky vegan food and angry bird tee shirts and that he can fix anything and does - and nice, helpful neighbors and warm sunshine and the safety of a small town and cute and friendly mice-catching cats and weathermen that are wrong.

So, here's to a  fantastic Thanksgiving!
Party on, Pilgrim!
 

2 comments: