Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Let it snow? . . .

Well, it's officially here.  We have about 1/2 inch of snow on the ground this morning and it is still snowing.  The winds are so fierce, around 45 mph, that it technically is not 'falling' but flying sideways.  And yesterday, well, yesterday was not a really great day for yours truly.  First of all, the awning got totally ripped to shreds on our RV because of the high winds.  The trees we planted 10 years ago were flirting with the power lines, which, even though it caused a really cool electrical light display, the power company didn't think that was too cool at all.  Especially since it was messing with keeping the electricity on in the area, which isn't good when your heat source is electric and it's 30 degrees!   So at 9 o'clock last night, they came knocking.  They attempted to cut down the tops of the trees, but in the dark and wind, they actually cut them about in half.  It's pretty ugly looking I must say.  And rats, no more cool fireworks.

But it was kind of fun to light the candles and listen to some cool music while the electricity was out.  Cheap fun, eh?

Did I mention it was not a really great day for me yesterday?  I was given a check by my husband for the taxes, which I promptly stuck in the front pouch of my purse.  As soon as I went outside, the wind captured it and who knows, it's probably in the next county by now.   If anyone in Minnesota finds it, let me know.  Then, as I tried like Dorothy against the on-coming tornado to search for the fleeing paper, I was nearly knocked out of breath by the 70 mph winds.  Try walking upright in that!  I manage to get into the truck, proceed to back up and then smacked right into the mailbox - yes, ripped it completely off the 4x4 post.  I literally cried.   Hey, do you think I could blame it on the high winds?  Or maybe it was the big power company trucks?   How about a really strong cat?  I did see a really angry skunk out last night . . .
Hey, it was just a thought.  Rats.

Not to mention I'm so loosing in Fantasy Football, it's pathetic.

I'm due for a bit of good luck, wouldn't you say?  If you believe in that sort of thing, which I don't, but it sounds good right about now!

Okay - here's to a better day today - I'm hoping.   :)

Stay warm and watch out when you back out of the driveway!  

No comments:

Post a Comment